Today I updated my Java version to 7u51. After the installation, I cleared Java Cache, browser's Cache, and logged into a secure website that uses an Applet to provide certain additional services to the user. The applet is not working anymore. I accessed to check the Java version detected in Internet Explorer, and the java website says: We are unable to verify if Java is currently installed and enabled in your browser. Other browsers can check Java, and the mentioned applet works as expected: As the applet works as expected in other browsers, I can assume the problem is not the Applet nor its deployment files/processes, but the compatibility of JRE 7u51 with IE 11. I would like to know if there is any workaround for this.
During Java installation error pops up saying: The installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings. You will get this error if you require a proxy server and the proxy server information has not been specified in your browser. When I install Java on my PC and run it an error message pops up. The installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection Settings. To give your Windows operating system information as version and 32-bit or 64-bit type of system, so I'll just provide you with a link to Java that will allow you to.
As additional measure, I used the java.com tool to uninstall any previous and unsecure JRE version (using Google Chrome). After double checking IE 11, I can see the Java Addons enabled and versioned to 7u51: I know IE has been improved; even so, we recommend to our customers to use Google Chrome or Firefox as these browsers have proven to be more compatible with our web applications. Unfortunatelly, we can not force our customers to use certain browser due to the common organizational restrictions about programs usage, etc. Thanks in advance for any help. Update (): The following screenshot shows Internet Explorer 11 with Compatibility View configured for 'java.com'. It doesn't fix the problem in this case.
We see the same problem with Java 7u51, IE11 and Windows 8.1. As detailed at and and in a bug report submitted to Oracle on 17 January 2014 we find that all is OK until you agree to Java making changes to your system after installation. Once you allow the post-installation permission, Java is disabled. Other than constantly fighting off permission requests, the only workarounds we've found are to use a different environment: browser (use Firefox or Chrome), OS (use Windows 7) or Java version (use a Java 8 build). I know Mickey S.
Solved his issue with Java 8, but Pavel S. Was on to something. If you're working locally with an applet, setting your Intranet Zone to Low security and then setting Java security in Control Panel ->Java ->Security setting to Medium from High does solve the problem of running local applets with Java 7u51 (and u55) on Win 7 with IE 11. (Specifically, I have a little test tool for barcode generation from IDAutomation that is crafted as an applet which wouldn't work on the above config, until I performed the listed steps.).
I've just resolved the problem on two PCs (Win 8 64-bit with IE10; Win 8.1 32-bit with IE11). With Java 7 Update 67 both cases (same with update 65 and, probably, others). In my case, it was caused by java ssv, which first requested admin rights, then Java stopped working because it messed something using them.
So, my resolution was: • Reinstall java. No reboot required, but close browsers beforehand. Also, it's not required to uninstall it before running installer (I didn't). • On 1st (or 2nd) launch of IE, privilege elevation will be prompted for Java SSV. If denied, it will pop up again. Multiple times.
Important here is to deny them all. Spectacle Of The Other Pdf. • To stop these prompts, disable Java SSV helpers (both of them) in Add-Ons or when IE prompts about startup times. After that, prompts to run Java (twice, 1st time IE, 2nd time Java itself) and, when allowed, says everything is OK. (will give more screenshots if anyone will ask). Its not about security settings. Its the UserAgent in IE11 ( in IE11 its Trident while all previous versions of MS IE were MSIE ) so I suppose that Java deployment tool cannot recognize new baby of MS. And send you back to install Java.
I already ask if there is any temporarily solution till Oracle guys make new release update: btw applet is working at least on the oracle test java page: I just uninstall all JAVA from PC then reinstall latest version and disable then enable 'Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper and Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper ' @ manage add-ons. Before testing java on web. And it works. So I think its JavaFX not applet. Since JavafX is using dtjava.js while webstart(applet) using deployJava.js.
Finally resolved my java install issue on Win 7 64-bit running IE11. Even though I installed the latest Java (65) via a java auto-update prompt, tried a verify java version and java failed to run, shut down all IE instances, failed to run verify again, shut down all running programs, failed to run verify again, rebooted, failed to run verify again, re-installed 65 again (shutting down the browser manually as it downloaded), and finally verify ran. The message I kept receiving was 'The page you are viewing uses Java.' I do use sleep mode on my desktop and I believe that this is probably the major issue with install and IE with its 'clever' integration into the OS and explorer/desktop. I thought the government told them to not do that.
Comments are closed.